Homemade spring roll recipe for foodie
Vietnamese spring roll is one of the traditional delicious dishes that is indispensable in the holidays or in the reunion meals of every Vietnamese family in general and the Northern people in particular.
It can be said that fried spring rolls are a traditional dish that is loved by the Northern people. It is extremely simple to make spring rolls at home, but little does everybody know how to cook traditional spring rolls with the characteristics of Vietnamese people. Therefore, Foodandlovers suggests this recipe to make savory spring rolls to express your guarantee in your family meals!
- 0.5 kg of pork belly or pork shoulder
- 1 green onion
- 30g of fried thin rice noodles
- 1 carrot, Kohlrabi
- 3 chicken eggs
- Pepper, fungus mushrooms, sprout
- White sugar, salt, rice paper wrapper
- Cooking oil
- Soak fried thin rice noodles in cold water until it becomes soft, about 20 minutes. After that, drain well and cut into small pieces.
- Soak fungus mushrooms in water for it to shrink, wash again with clean water, cut into small pieces. Grate carrots, kohlrabi, mince onion.
- Wash pork belly with clean water, chop up.
1. After processing all ingredients, combine them together into a big bowl. Sprinkle in sugar, salt, and pepper; stir filling mixture well. Beat eggs into the bowl.
2. Soak 1 pack of rice paper wrapper in a bowl of warm water to soften, about 15 seconds. Remove from water and place on a damp cloth placed on a flat surface.
3. Place 1 tablespoon of mixture in the softened rice paper. Fold the bottom edge in the middle, cover it. Fold in opposite sides and tighten it. Repeat with the remaining rice paper wrapping, soak and fill each one individually.
4. Heat an amount of oil in a pan until you see small bubbles around the chopsticks. Keep the heat at medium level and start frying. Leave the space between the rolls because the rice wrapper can be sticky. After its skin is crispy, bring them closer together. Fry until they turn golden brown.
5. After frying, put on paper towel to drain off the excess oil. Serve with dipping fish sauce, fresh vegetable and herbs.